About Me

My photo

Reading is difficult. As a writer, I help the reader every way I can think of. As a reader, I work hard not to miss the big things in the middle of the road.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Nines Won't Let Big Part of Case Be Decided by Sanctions Hearing Alone

Beaumont Texas's Ninth Court of Appeals conditionally granted a writ of mandamus in favor of Bank of America as against mortgagor Trudie Crutchfield after the trial judge sanctioned San Francisco's biggest $300,000 for breaching a settlement agreement with the lady. This was the third lawsuit between the parties about this matter. BoA argued that it should have the protections of a trial against this kind of forced payment, and the Ninth Supreme Judicial District agreed.
I've got a call into the Court Clerk's office to try to find out why the court's computer records call this per curiam opinion a majority opinion. There doesn't appear to be any dissenting opinion. The opinion's a majority opinion instead of a unanimous opinion?
Thanks to David Yates and the other great people at the Southeast Texas Record for bringing this case to my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment