About Me

My photo

Reading is difficult. As a writer, I help the reader every way I can think of. As a reader, I work hard not to miss the big things in the middle of the road.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Associated Press 2014 Style Guide and Media Guide Is Newly Out

You can be an acceptable, even good legal writer without this book, but I find it to be a handy, quick tool to guide me where advice from higher sources is unclear or even contradictory. It is relatively up-to-date. AP's got to solve novel style disputes many times a year. And, if you think about it, AP style almost never looks weird because we live in a sea of it. The good American newspapers you read use it, traditional news organization pay attention to it, and they have a bias for clarity and consistency. Clarity and consistency are things that nearly every piece of legal writing needs more of.

No comments:

Post a Comment