Electronic filing will phased in Texas's trial-level courts, large counties first, from January 2014 through July 2016. That part of the order will apply to district courts, statutory county courts, constitutional county courts and statutory probate courts in the following order:
- January 1, 2014, in counties with a population of 500,000 or more (In your humble correspondent's world: Fort Bend and Harris Counties);
- July 1, 2014, in counties with 200,000 to 499,999 (Brazoria County);
- January 1,2015, in counties with 100,000 to 199,999;
- July 1, 2015, in counties with 50,000 to 99,999;
- January 1,2016, in counties with 20,000 to 49,999; and
- July 1, 2016, in counties with fewer than 20,000.